We can see a different kind of people everywhere in different positions. Communication is essential to identify people and their characters. We see students, politicians, business people, undergraduates, artists, and sportsmen. The interactive communication skills of the people will help to evaluate them. Whatever the position you are currently being, you need to come across with a situation to deliver a public speech. There are events, interviews, competitions, and programs. So here we see some tips to deliver a good speech.
Be sure of your sequence of events; then practice out loud in front of a mirror if possible, until you are used to the sound of your own voice and gestures. These gestures should be very simple-If used at all.
Be sure your facial expression interprets the theme of your speech. Your eyes are most important – use them. The atmosphere can make or break the period of time you are delivering the speech. Be sure it is quiet, secluded, and that there will be no interruptions once the speech begins. Don’t be afraid to use high and low tones to impersonate characters.
Once you have prepared your speech, you are ready to deliver it. These points will help you do it more effectively. Smile and make eye contact with your listeners. Vary the pitch of your voice and use facial expressions and hand spirit of the speech- unless you do. Don’t deliver it. Think about words that may be new or unfamiliar to your audience and incorporate their meaning into the speech so that you won’t need to interrupt it before delivering your speech. Here we see some facts which impact on our speech.
- Have a definite place The place where you are going to deliver your speech must be a good one. It is better if it is a closed and noiseless hall.
- Have a sufficient time; You have a theme and you may have some points to explain. So you should have enough time to complete your speech delivering everything you wanted to say to the listeners.
- Have listeners seated comfortably in front of you Should we not allow the audiences feel bored with our speech? We need to keep them alive with our speech. You have to ensure the audiences are perfectly alright to listen to our speech.
- The way of speaking Voice is the key to attract the audience. Speak simply, quietly and directly.
- Use sufficient volume to be heard easily If you are supposed to be in front of a big crowd, your volume should be sufficient for all people. If not they may not keep in touch with you until you stop.
- Use low, pleasing tone quality According to the situations and times of mentioning people, you may use low, pleasing tone.
- Know what you want to say We have to know the facts we are going to deliver. Our mindsets of speaking constantly without break. That is why we need to know our points.
- Be natural Don’t be panic under any circumstances; deliver your speech happily by being casual.
- Think what you mean You can emphasize more when you think what you mean at that time.
- Express what you feel Try to convince the audience of your personal opinions and experiences.
- Pause you may pause your speech for2-3 seconds and let the listeners think what you have mentioned bit earlier.
- Change the pitch Based on the facts you mention, you need to change the pitch and the speed.
- Build up to climax When you are about to go to the climax, you need to ensure the attention of the listeners with your voice and expressions.
- Vary the emphasis
Ending the speech
When you are ending your speech, do not detract from the climax and do not point up amoral. You have to end the speech quickly, and then stop. That will bring a big round of applause from the audience.
“You have to pretend that you are having a good time and are open to that audience so that they can have a good time and be open back to you,” says Morgan.